Call for Abstracts
The 47th SBNWM 2023 symposium will include technical sessions with invited and contributed talks as well as poster sessions. Authors must submit abstracts limited to 300 words on one single page end of April 2023, using a dedicated template.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations are solicited in (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Waste forms design and performance testing as well as scale up of processing technologies
- Geological disposal of radioactive wastes: concepts, designs and materials;container corrosion; engineered barrier systems; radionuclide solubility, speciation, sorption and migration
- Long-term behaviour of waste forms (SNF, glass, ceramic, cement, and advanced materials) in different disposal environments
- Materials for sequestration and immobilisation of volatile and long lived radionuclides, e.g., iodine-129 and technetium-99
- Management of waste streams from innovative and future reactor designs and nuclear technologies
- National and international waste management programs
- Development and implementation of safeguards concepts, methods and techniques, e.g. analytical methods for environmental monitoring and nuclear forensics applications
- Cross-cutting topics: recent developments and novel techniques in solid and liquid characterisation, sensing and monitoring of radionuclides, and modelling tools
- Special Session: Ceramic and crystalline waste forms (organised by Nina Huittinen, HZDR, Dresden, Germany); detailed session description see in the download area on the right side
- Special Session: Basis for the design of multiscale/multiphase materials for nuclear waste management (organised by Agnes Grandjean, CEA, Marcoule France); detailed session description see in the download area on the right side
- Special Session: In-situ corrosion monitoring (organised bei Anamul Haq Mir, University of Huddersfield, UK); detailed session description see in the download area on the right side
To submit your abstract please use the
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Please note that we are not allowed to accept contributions from authors affiliated with a Russian or Belarusian institution. Such submissions must be rejected.
In order to submit an abstract for SBNWM 2023 at first you have to create an user account (account will be used for registration later on). You will receive your personal login details via email. Please follow the link „Abstract Submission“ in the section „Your Submissions“ in order to get access to the submission page.
You will be guided through the following submission steps:
1. Step - indicate authors
2. Step - enter title and text
3. Step - choose abstract topic and click extra fields
4. Step -> "proceed"
5. Step - upload abstract file
6. Step - preview/save
During the phase of abstract submission the contributions may be amended with your personal login. More information for submitting authors you can find here.